Briefing Session for Invitation to Tender call on Prototype Provision of Total WSH
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR PROTOTYPE PROVISION OF TOTAL WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH (TOTAL WSH) SERVICES IN AN INDUSTRIAL PARK FOR THE MINISTRY OF MANPOWER – WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH INSTITUTE (MOMOSDETT16000005)
You are invited by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), acting for and on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Singapore, to submit a Tender Offer to prototype the provision of Total WSH services in an industrial park to the Workplace Safety and Health Institute (WSH Institute), according to the Tender Documents of this Invitation To Tender. Please quote “ITT No. : MOMOSDETT16000005” in your submission. This ITT is open to all registered companies in Singapore with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority. The details for the study are:
- WSH Institute would like to study the merits of an on-site Total WSH services centre, which will be set up at Woodlands East Industrial Estate (15 Woodlands Loop, Singapore 738332, 20 Woodlands Link, Singapore 738733 and 22 Woodlands Link, Singapore 738734) (“Study Site”) for a period of 24 months.
- The study would require the Contractor, in partnership with Jurong Town Corporation (“JTC”), to set up a Total WSH services centre at the Study Site for a period of 24 months. The Total WSH services centre will be responsible for providing a suite of Total WSH services to businesses in the industrial park managed by JTC; from consultation, advice, facilitation, assessment, coordination to implementing interventions, communications and data analysis on workplace safety, workplace health and personal health, and will work with businesses to integrate Total WSH into the company’s business and human resource systems. The Total WSH cycle is depicted as below:
- The objectives of the study are:
- To determine the level of WSH knowledge, attitude and practices at the Study Site at the beginning and end of the study period;
- To identify the factors that either attract or prevent the tenants and employees at the Study Site from approaching the on-site Total WSH services centre;
- To identify the motivations, barriers and success factors for companies to integrate Total WSH into their business and human resource management systems;
- To document tangible and intangible benefits, including Return on Investment, cost-benefits of the on-site Total WSH services centre to JTC, the landlord of the Study Site, businesses sited in the Study Site (users and non-users of service) and employees of these businesses;
- To determine the Return on Investment for the Total WSH Services centre;
- To identify and document interventions that are practical, scalable and sustainable in improving WSH performance and quantify its impact on: worker awareness of WSH hazards, workers’ WSH knowledge, attitude and practices, worker engagement level, presenteeism, medical leave, medical expenditure, productivity, business cost, reporting of work injuries and ill health, changes in workers’ safety and health behaviours and ownership of WSH outcomes, where relevant; and
- To identify the key success factors and challenges of providing access to Total WSH services to all tenants and employees in the Study Site.
- The Authority is inviting Tenderers with the relevant expertise in WSH management and provision of WSH services to submit Tender Offer for the study. For non-Singapore organisations who would like to tender for the project, you are required to submit the Tender Offer through a consortium, with a local registered company leading the consortium.
All interested parties are welcomed to send in their completed proposals and budget via the Government Electronic Business (GeBIZ) as well as email to Mr. Cheng Yue Pan at CHENG_Yue_Pan@wshi.gov.sg and cc firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4pm of 23 December 2016, Friday, the ITT Closing Date.
There will be a compulsory briefing session on:
Date/Day: 04 October 2016, Tuesday
Time: 2 to 3pm
Venue: Tripartism Room, Level 4, MOM Services Centre @ 1500 Bendemeer Road, Singapore 339946
Attendance is compulsory. Interested proposers are to register your attendance by emailing Mr. Cheng Yue Pan at email: CHENG_Yue_Pan@wshi.gov.sg with the following information by 03 October 2016, Monday, 1200 hrs. However, if you are not available on that day, please send a proxy to represent your attendance. At least one representative from each organisation must attend the briefing to qualify for the participation of the ITT call.
- Name and designation:
- Are you representing yourself and/or for someone who is unable to attend the briefing? (If you are representing someone else, please list down their respective names):
- Name of Organisation:
To view the ITT document, please visit www.gebiz.gov.sg. Do note that you will need to be a registered GeBIZ Trading Partner before you can login to GeBIZ to view the document. Details on how to become a GeBIZ Trading Partner can be found on the GeBIZ portal.
Alternatively, you may email Mr. Cheng Yue Pan at email: CHENG_Yue_Pan@wshi.gov.sg to request for a copy of the ITT document.
Please feel free to email your queries, if any, to Mr. Cheng Yue Pan.